ISO 9001 Implementation Checklist
For Quality Policy &
- Are the quality policy, objectives & commitment
defined & documented?
- Does the QP emphasize providing customer satisfaction
through focus on key elements of quality such as fitness for use, performance, safety &
- Does the policy mention commitment to quality, products,
services, customers expectations & needs, personnel, safety & responsibility to
- Does the policy emphasize prevention of non-conformances
in product, services, systems and processes, rather than reaction to & recurrence of
- Has executive management taken responsibility for and
signed the policy?
- Is the policy relevant to the company goals &
customers needs & expectations
- Is the policy made known and understood through meetings,
discussions orientation, videos, displays or other forms of communication?
- Is the policy implemented & maintained through the
quality system procedures & work instructions, organization structure, training, internal quality audits
and management reviews?
- Is the policy easy to understand? Is it realistic? Is it
- Does the policy indicate which quality standard it is
designed to meet; what products, processes, departments, activities & locations should be
- OR are these details covered in the introduction or
forward to the quality manual OR as part Quality Management System scope?
- Are objectives defined that pertain to key elements of
quality, such as fitness for use, functional/operational performance, safety & reliability, defect
prevention or its elimination/reduction, reduction of variation and waste (materials, supplier performance,
machine and tooling, labour, shift, lines, etc), on-time delivery, cycle time reduction, and continuous
- Is the policy consistent with the company's other
policies, products, services & people?
- Have the costs associated with all quality elements to
minimize quality losses, been considered?
- Have mgmt at appropriate levels defined specialized
quality objectives for the overall quality system, products and key processes?
- Have objectives for product, process control, process
capability & process performance, service and people been established?
Other Useful Training
"Understanding ISO 9001"
provides a detailed explanation of each ISO 9001 clause